Friday, March 27, 2009

More Hard Work


Today I pruned down the hibiscus plants to probably about waist high. If I had bigger clippers I would have pruned them down more...but I only had little hand clippers. I gave myself a blister trying to cut some branches that were too thick. I also watered everything tonight too. Look at this crazy pattern the water made as it drained out of the garden into the grass. This was after I turned the hose off, this is all purely draining from the garden itself. Weird, huh?

Yes, our grass is all dead and brown. But it'll get better. Um....let's see...what else. I planted the banana plant that my co-worker gave me.


I also planted the aloe plant that he gave me, the frangipani that he gave me, and an onion that I had on my kitchen counter, that started sprouting. I read that if I planted it, it would bloom, and then I could plant the seeds from the flowers and grow onions. So I figured, worth a try. lol.


I also planted the two confederate roses that my other co-worker gave me.


And I don't know what this is, but it's in my garden, and I pruned it, so I thought I would see if it would root. lol.

And here is the herb garden greenhouse kit, and the windowsill flower garden I've started. Showing no sprouts yet.


So I'm still all "gung-ho" about gardening. lol. I want more plants. I think my fiance is going to shoot me if I bring anymore plants home...lol. Especially if I can't handle it...and they all end up dying. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment