Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Have Sprouts!!

One of my herbs is sprouting...but I'm not positive which one it is. I think it may be the Basil...but I didn't label them. I know I can tell the difference when they're all full grown, so I guess I'll have to wait!

One of the flowers that I planted is also starting to come in. Once again, not sure which one it is. There are 3 different types of flower seeds planted in that tin pot.

Both of the Confederate Rose cuttings have new growth starting. The first one has a new little leaf (you can see it in the center of the surrounding leaves). And the second one just has a little leaf that is just starting to unroll on the right.


The naked tree is getting new leaves. When I went out to take pictures of this tree tonight...



I noticed that it looks suspiciously a lot like....this Frangipani cutting that my co-worker gave me!


So I started researching the Frangipani, and I found that it can either be a shrub or a tree. So I told my fiance about my "suspicion", and I added that I don't recall ever seeing any flowers on that tree. But he said it did have flowers on it at one point. So hmmm.... I highly suspect this naked tree to be a Frangipani tree. So I guess I will just have to wait until it grows back fully so I can find out. And I will be checking on it daily to see!

And here is a picture of the African Violet that I bought at Home Depot last week. It's not supposed to be outside, but there is no place in the house that I can get sunshine to it during the week, unless I pull up the blinds in my bedroom at 6:30am every morning, thus exposing my still sleeping fiance to the neighbors next door. I don't think he'd like that very much. So I guess during the week it will have to get some sunshine outside, and on the weekends I can put it in the east facing windows in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment